Re: Re: why no result & no error from this recursion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82463] Re: [mg82431] Re: [mg82403] why no result & no error from this recursion
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 22:15:30 -0400 (EDT)

The evaluation ended rather quickly, and the front end was immediately
ready for the next input.

But I've now verified that the kernel definitely quit.  At least that's
what I surmise by going to Evaluation -> Quit Kernel and seeing that the
Local kernel was grayed out, indicating it was no longer running.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305