Re: determine viewpoint value during V6 3d rotation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82543] Re: determine viewpoint value during V6 3d rotation
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

George Musser wrote:
>> In any case, with Version 6 any piece of Graphics3D,
>> including that produced
>> by ParametricPlot3D, can be rotated with the mouse.
>> You can also hold down
>> the the Ctrl key and zoom in and out with the mouse.
>> You can also hold down
>> the shift key and translate the image back and forth
>> or up and down.
>
> Yes, but once you've rotated the image, how can you determine the numerical values of the new settings (so that you can save them for later use)?
>
> George

What is wrong with the other replies??

In Mathematica 6, graphics can be parts of arbitrary expressions.  So,
as I already suggested, type the following around your plot

Options[<graphics go here>, ViewPoint]

Or if you want to see the ViewPoint value in real-time as the graphics
are rotated, use the Dynamic[] method suggested by others.

--
Szabolcs