Re: FullSimplify in functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82591] Re: FullSimplify in functions
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:09:33 -0400 (EDT)

If the right hand side of the function definition can be safely evaluated
once and for all the do this:

f[x_] = FullSimplify[...]

otherwise you have to do this (I assume this is what you are doing at the
moment):

f[x_] := FullSimplify[...]

In the first case FullSimplify (and its argument ...) is evaluated only when
you define the function.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK