Re: eigenvectors is taking lot of time

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82622] Re: eigenvectors is taking lot of time
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:25:29 -0400 (EDT)

Does your matrix have symbolic or exact-valued elements? If so, then this
would lead to very large expressions for a 30x30 matrix, especially if the
matrix elements are symbolic. Try starting with a 2x2 matrix, and gradually
working up in matrix size, to see what I mean.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK