Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82597] Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:12:38 -0400 (EDT)

"John Fultz" <jfultz at wolfram.com> wrote in message
news:ffpq9j$lfq$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Mathematica Player does not evaluate Initialization cells.  You need to
> make
> sure that any Manipulates are completely self-contained, and do not
> require
> Shift-Enter evaluations in order to work correctly.
>
> The typical way to do this is to add SaveDefinitions->True, which will
> suck in
> any definitions required to set up the Manipulate into the dynamic
> evaluation
> that sets up the Manipulate output.  I took your notebook, added
> SaveDefinitions->True to the Manipulate, and ran it through the converter.
> It
> worked fine for me.  You can find it at...
>
> http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/publish/download.jsp?id=2
> 171978932&filename=2D+Ising+Model+Fixed.nbp
>
> Sincerely,
>
> John Fultz
> jfultz at wolfram.com
> User Interface Group
> Wolfram Research, Inc.

Hello;

Could someone please look at my notebook and let me know what the conversion
failed?

I have a screen shot of the error message and the notebook itself.

I read the guidelines, and I have SaveDefinition->True in there but I get an
error about unsecured symbols? I also merged all cells into one, but this
did not help.

This works fine in Mathematica 6.0.1

http://12000.org/tmp/oct_27_07_player_problem/not_secure_symbols.PNG
http://12000.org/tmp/oct_27_07_player_problem/project1_nasser_problem_three_DEMO.nb