Re: Graphics export to BMP and JPEG

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82649] Re: Graphics export to BMP and JPEG
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 06:01:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

why, please tell me WHY, *W_H_Y* do you export a bitmap
when you have a vector graphic ?
For an ordianry Plot[] result the vector graphic
has a smaller file size can printed in any resolution.

It is hopeless to make a bitmap because your screen has
ca 72 dpi, a medium quality printer 600 dpi and your eye
2200 dpi .. you will never have the right size/resolution.

Regards
   Jens