Truncated version of lognormal distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82737] Truncated version of lognormal distribution
  • From: P_ter <peter_van_summeren at yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:27:08 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
did anyone program the truncated version of the lognormal distribution? Or have a reference how to do it? I would like to draw from such distribution.
For the truncated version of the gaussian distribution I only know about Myron Tribus (Rational Descriptions 1969). It has a nice explanation. It is not difficult to use that, but I need anyway some reference for the results.
What Tribus did by tens of BASIC lines, can now be done in three lines in Mathematica. That is for me also interesting to experience.
with friendly greetings,
P_ter