Re: Transparent background in Mathematica 6?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82749] Re: Transparent background in Mathematica 6?
  • From: ekuschnerova at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:33:24 -0500 (EST)

On 29 Okt., 06:40, DmitryG <dgara... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry to bother you with an old topic on transparent background. We
> all know why it is important. I am trying to produce a GIF with a
> transparent background now.
>
> Mathematica 6 no longer supports ConversionOptions that was suggested
> by the members in 2000.
>
> In the description of Background I read that Background->None in Plot
> makes the background transparent. However, my GIFs produced in this
> way have white background.
>
> Anyone can comment on this?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dmitry

Szabolcs Horv=E1t pointed me to the instruction in Mathematica's help
that I've overlooked:

"Export["file.gif",expr,"TransparentColor"->White] creates a GIF file
in
which all white pixels of the original image are taken to be
transparent."

Thank you for the tip, it works for ordinary GIFs, if you do not use
"Background->None" in Plot.

However, it does not work for animated GIFs that I'm producing now. I
still have a white background.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Best,

Dmitry