Re: [Mathematica 6.0.1] Confusing documentation on ColorData, where to get list of ColorFunctions ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81032] Re: [Mathematica 6.0.1] Confusing documentation on ColorData, where to get list of ColorFunctions ?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 03:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

"Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote in message
news:fbqqht$787$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> ref/ColorData  says
>
> "ColorData[]
>     gives a list of names collections of color schemes"
>
> But When I type ColorData[] nothing really comes up.

Thanks to all who answered this, and also said they can't see the problem I
had above.

When I tried it again, I also was not seeing the problem any more, but I
remember before when I tried it, no output was coming but, I should have
mentioned that a button came up and I click on it and get the same help page
again..

So I was feeling silly, wondering what happened and if I was dreaming
something, but I knew I was not dreaming but can't reproduce it.

Then someone very smart (like everyone else is here) was kind enough to send
me email and guessed what I have done to cause this, and he is so right, I
remembered now what I did to cause the problem. I have copied the command
ColorData[] from the help page to my notebook (too lazy to type when I can
just copy/paste), and now the problem I had is reproduced.

Here it is, I put a screen shot showing it:

http://12000.org/tmp/090807/silly_me.PNG

I have to remember to learn better how to copy/paste stuff from the help
pages, some of the text in the help pages have some hidden markers or
something embedded in some of that display to cause this.

Sorry for the confusion, false alarm.

Nasser