animated GIF

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81473] animated GIF
  • From: Veit Elser <ve10 at cornell.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:23:13 -0400 (EDT)

I'm having trouble exporting GIF animations from Mathematica. The
problem seems to be the color map. I notice this when importing the
animation into other applications, in particular Apple's Keynote
presentation software. The resulting animation is very dependent on
the first frame. For example, if some colors used in later frames
don't appear in the first frame, then these are rendered black.
Should I be instructing Mathematica to create a global color map? If
so, how is that done?

Veit Elser