Re: Something very simple.....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87177] Re: Something very simple.....
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 05:15:37 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to the many people who responded to my questions in "Something
very simple...." Here I report back what I think are the easiest
suggestions.

1. Apply[Sphere, sphlst, 1]

2. Complement[lsta,lsta[[lstb]]]

These answers can hardly be improved for compactness, simplicity, and
transparency.

I admittedly avoid processes that include a lot of terse symbology
such as &, #, @, /. etc., on the grounds that I'm an irregular user of
Mathematica and sometimes have to look up their function. Their appearance
gives no clue about what they do. But the named functions are usually
intuitive and their use is clear.

Steve Gray