Re: ListCorrelate on lists with different sampling rates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87366] Re: ListCorrelate on lists with different sampling rates
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 05:51:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Curtis,

downsampling will lead to aliasing (folding of high frequencies to low

frequencies) if your original signal contains high frequencies.

Therefore, either you are sure that your signal contains no high

frequencies or you should apply a low pass filter before downsampling.

Upsampling by an integer factor can be done by introducing zeros and

applying a low pass filter.

Downsampling by a integer factor can be done by low pass filtering and

decimation.

Sample rate changes by a rational factor can be done by first

upsampling, then downsampling.

All this stuff can be found in many books about digital signal processing.

hope this helps, Daniel