Re: pdf and accents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87426] Re: pdf and accents
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 02:13:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 9, 11:54 am, janos <janostothmeis... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Saving notebooks in PDF form I get an unreadable result if the text
> is, say, in Hungarian, probably the same problem arises with other
> languages with diacritical signs. Any idea?
> Thank you

Yes, I can confirm the problem.  An important thing that you did not
mention in your post is that the problem does not occur with
characters that are representable in latin1 encoding.  So in Hungarian
the two problematic characters are =FB and =F5 (\[UDoubleAcute] and \
[ODoubleAcute] for those whose newreader does not like UTF8).

Here's a test case:

ImportString[ExportString["\[UDoubleAcute]\
[ODoubleAcute]","PDF"],"PDF"]