Re: Path, Get, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87447] Re: Path, Get, etc.
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:40:43 -0400 (EDT)

Steve Gray wrote:

> 	I'm trying to read in "ConvexHull.m" with the line
>
> << "ConvexHull3D`";        but it always says
>
> Get::noopen: Cannot open ConvexHull3D`. >>

Steve,

If the package you want to load is called "ConvexHull.m" (no "3D" in the
name) then you must use the exact name of the file without its
extension. Any of the following expressions should work:

     << ConvexHull`
     << "ConvexHull`"
     Needs["ConvexHull`"]

> Checking $Path, it includes paths to several folders which definitely
> have a copy of ConvexHull.m, including
>
> "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Mathematica\
> \\Autoload",

If the file ConvexHull.m is located in this directory, you should not to
have to load it manually since it must be already there (it is
automatically loaded whenever Mathematica starts).

> and there's a copy in the same folder as the file that calls it.
> I don't understand why the file isn't found. I'd appreciate any tips.
> Thank you.
>
> Steve Gray

HTH,
-- Jean-Marc