Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87641] Re: [mg87544] Player Pro and Packages
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:47:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:02:19 -0400 (EDT), David Park wrote:
> How many people have tried out Player Pro yet?
>
> I copied my private Applications folder over to the Player Pro folder and
> tried to run a notebook that used a private package. Player Pro found the
> style sheet that came with the package but did not find the package.
>
> Does anyone know how to incorporate a private package into Player Pro?
> Without that it seems to be rather limited.

David,

Sorry to keep you waiting...I meant to reply to this immediately, but then my
whole weekend went haywire.

Player Pro won't load plain text package files.  It will load package files
which have been created using Encode[] or DumpSave[].  This restriction is to
help ensure that behind the content created for a Player Pro is a genuine
Mathematica license.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com