Re: Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87642] Re: [mg87560] Re: Player Pro and Packages
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:30:44 -0400 (EDT), David Bailey wrote:
> David Park wrote:
>
>> How many people have tried out Player Pro yet?
>>
>> I copied my private Applications folder over to the Player Pro folder
>> and
>> tried to run a notebook that used a private package. Player Pro found
>> the
>> style sheet that came with the package but did not find the package.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to incorporate a private package into Player Pro?
>> Without that it seems to be rather limited.
>>
> I put a package in the 'old' package location beneath the installation
> directory. This appeared to work, and did not even require that the
> package be encoded (as mentioned on the Wolfram website).
>
> David Bailey
> http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Yes, this works for now, but you should not presume that this will continue to
work in future versions.  We don't document or support the behavior and may
break it at any point in a future version.

In fact, as a general principle of dealing with modern operating systems, you
shouldn't even presume that you have write permissions to that directory.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group