Re: Circles and Text Offset in Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87682] Re: Circles and Text Offset in Graphics3D
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:55:14 -0400 (EDT)

Steve,

The Presentations package has commands Circle3D and Disk3D that work like
Circle and Disk in 2D except that they also use a normal vector to determine
the orientation.

Presentations also has Text3D expressions that provide true 3D text that
rotates with the image and hides behind surfaces. The present version uses
vector fonts but the new version will also allow any of the standard fonts
you have on your computer and even block characters. But this might not be
the complete solution for you because at certain viewing angles (using the
mouse say) points and the characters might still line up and at other angles
the text might be viewed edge on. Still, since the images can be rotated,
the 3D text gives a much more natural presentation than the wierd behavior
of ordinary Text.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net