Re: Re: Re: Re: Player Pro and Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87728] Re: [mg87668] Re: [mg87596] Re: [mg87560] Re: Player Pro and Packages
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:03:56 -0400 (EDT)

Your proposed solution wouldn't work, as $UserBaseDirectory is earlier on the
path than $InstallationDirectory.  I think you're going to have to reset those
environment variables for Player Pro.

If you're running under Windows, you could create a batch file which sets the
environment variables and then launches Mathematica.  This would also be pretty
simple under Unix.  It's more complicated under Mac, but it wouldn't be too
difficult to at least create a script which resets the variables for the
kernel's environment (perhaps you care less about the FE's environment).

If you need help, let me know what environment you're running under and I'll
help you craft something that works.

The fact that it wasn't different was just a silly oversight, and unfortunately,
yours truly was responsible.  I'll fix it for future releases.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group