Re: RE: Coordinates of vertices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87806] Re: [mg87772] RE: [mg87720] Coordinates of vertices
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:58:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM, King, Peter R
<peter.king at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Many thanks to all those suggesting using PolyhedronData. Unfortuantely
>  I forgot to mention that I was using version 5.1 so I don't think I have
>  access to that. My fault. Any other suggestions?

 I have an old version of my course notes for when I was teaching with
5.0, and I wanted to do transformations on polyhedra.  The number of
vertices were small enough that you can visibly extract them via:

<<Graphics`Polyhedra`
Show[Polyhedron[Octahedron]]
Polyhedron[Octahedron]//InputForm

If you are interested, http://pruffle.mit.edu/3.016-2006/   Lecture 7

Not a pretty solution, but it worked for me.