Re: mx files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87813] Re: mx files
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:00:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

this means, the utilities for dealing with contexts and packages which
work automatically for .m files (BeginPackage[.., {..}], Needs after
Begin["`Private`"] etc.) have to be modified for .mx files  .. ?!

I have a large number of packages in my Applications directory. Many
of them depend on each other. If I follow your advice, there will be a
lot of redundancy: For the example below, the definitions of
OtherPackage will be stored in OtherPackage.mx (for users calling
Needs["OtherPackage`"] but also in SomePackage.mx (for users calling
Needs["SomePackage`"]. It seems, for creating SomePackage.mx I have to
include also all packages which appear in $Packages after starting the
kernel and executing SomePackage.nb.

Is that the correct approach?

Best regards,
Hannes Kessler