Re: If Integrate returns no result, can we conclude that no closed-form

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87832] Re: If Integrate returns no result, can we conclude that no closed-form
  • From: "Paul" <CarolP at rockford.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:40:12 -0400 (EDT)

There is a very interesting book review on CAS integration in SIAM Review,
March 2008, Volume 50, Number 1, pages 155-157 on Manuel Bronstein's book:
"Symbolic Integration. I.  Transcendental Functions." Second Edition,
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2005 by Sam Blake.  It discusses Risch integration
and other approaches to symbolic integration.

Paul Peterson