Re: axis alignment of 3D plots with ListContourPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87910] Re: axis alignment of 3D plots with ListContourPlot3D
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:51:25 -0400 (EDT)

Jess wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how I can manually the view angle of a
> ListContourPlot3D? Mathematica seems to automatically set the view
> angle according to the data distribution. I need to do this because I
> am generating a series of 3D graphics with ListContourPlot3D, which I
> then animate into a AVI movie using the export command. As the
> distribution changes shape significantly in each image, Mathematica
> automaitcally shifts the view angle substantially, which unfortunately
> makes the resulting animation appear to shake as the view angle
> changes.

Jess,

The function *ListContourPlot3D[]* takes, in additions to its own
specific options, the same options as *Graphics3D[]*. Doing animations,
you may be especially interested by the

     SphericalRegion,
     ViewCenter,
     ViewAngle

options.

You can list all the options thanks to the *Options[]* command.

     Options[ListContourPlot3D]

{AlignmentPoint -> Center, AspectRatio -> Automatic,
  Axes -> True, AxesEdge -> Automatic, AxesLabel -> None,
  AxesStyle -> {}, Background -> None, BaselinePosition -> Automatic,
  BaseStyle -> {}, BoundaryStyle -> GrayLevel[0], Boxed -> True,
  BoxRatios -> {1, 1, 1}, BoxStyle -> {}, ColorFunction -> Automatic,
  ColorFunctionScaling -> True, ColorOutput -> Automatic,
  ContentSelectable -> Automatic, Contours -> 3,
  ContourStyle -> GrayLevel[1], ControllerLinking -> Automatic,
  ControllerMethod -> Automatic, ControllerPath -> Automatic,
  DataRange -> Automatic, DisplayFunction :> $DisplayFunction,
  Epilog -> {}, FaceGrids -> None, FaceGridsStyle -> {},
  FormatType :> TraditionalForm, ImageMargins -> 0.,
  ImagePadding -> All, ImageSize -> Automatic, LabelStyle -> {},
  Lighting -> Automatic, MaxPlotPoints -> Automatic, Mesh -> Automatic,
   MeshFunctions -> {#1 &, #2 &, #3 &}, MeshShading -> None,
  MeshStyle -> Automatic, Method -> Automatic,
  PerformanceGoal :> $PerformanceGoal, PlotLabel -> None,
  PlotRange -> {Full, Full, Full, Automatic},
  PlotRangePadding -> Automatic, PlotRegion -> Automatic,
  PreserveImageOptions -> Automatic, Prolog -> {},
  RegionFunction -> (True &), RotationAction -> "Fit",
  SphericalRegion -> False, Ticks -> Automatic, TicksStyle -> {},
  ViewAngle -> Automatic, ViewCenter -> {1/2, 1/2, 1/2},
  ViewMatrix -> Automatic, ViewPoint -> {1.3, -2.4, 2.},
  ViewRange -> All, ViewVector -> Automatic, ViewVertical -> {0, 0, 1}}

Regards,
-- Jean-Marc