Re: Very Long Wait for the Kernel after Reboot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87937] Re: [mg87925] Very Long Wait for the Kernel after Reboot
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 03:22:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Louis,
This thread has come up before, and I didn't see a subsequent explanation.

I experience the same problem with my mac, and I have two workarounds.
1) Start the kernel explicity under the evaluation menu.
2) Abort the stalled first evaluation and then re-evaluate.

I suspect the problem lies in multiple threading, and the separate
processes of the Frontend and the Kernel. But, I am out of my depth
here.

Craig