Converting Power terms to Times terms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88003] Converting Power terms to Times terms
  • From: Reza Farrahi Moghaddam <imriss at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:38:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am using Dolfin/FFC for solving finite element problems. I want to use Mathematica for generating the linear and bilinear terms of the weak equation. After computing the terms, I use the "InputForm", and then give the results to FFC compiler. The problem is that FFC does not accept "power" function. Therefore, terms such as "a^2" must be written as "a*a". Because there are many terms in the weak form of my problem, manual conversion of power terms takes a long time (and probably is subject to errors).

Is there any way to disable "power" function, or stop "times" function to be simplified in the "power" form?

Any other solution?

Thanks,
Reza