Re: Polygon cutter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88006] Re: Polygon cutter
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:39:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

a) in version 6.0 ContourPlot[] will work with data in any position
    as to see from
    ListContourPlot[Table[Random[], {5}, {3}]]
b) and for higer finite elements you have to write the correct
    interpolation routine. But it may be sufficient, to
    compute the function on a triangular mesh and feed it into
    ListContourPlot[]

Regards
   Jens