Re: Problems with NSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88214] Re: Problems with NSolve
  • From: "Kshitij Wagh" <kgwagh at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 04:41:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi
Sorry for the "fuzziness" :)
chpoly was found by using  Det[A  - x*IdentityMatrix[dim]] (where A is a
matrix function of u with \alpha etc. being some random parameters).  \Alpha
etc are random real numbers between -1 and 1 with working precision 30. Also
please find attached a notebook of a working sample.

[contact the sender to get this attachment - moderator]

So I think  the problem seems here, that instead of getting polynomials, I
am getting rational functions.  The thread Carl sent mentions some
alternatives - I will try them out.
Thanks,
Kshitij