Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88247] Re: [mg88197] Does Mathematica really need more printed,
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:51:12 -0400 (EDT)

At 9:14 AM -0400 4/28/08, Richard Palmer wrote:

>I have an additional concern regarding current on-line
>documentation.  Some of it does not have a resizable font.  That
>makes it difficult for people like me that have glasses and use
>portable computers with smaller screens.  I hope that can be fixed
>in a subsequent release.

To voice the same limitation in another way:

Most if not all the online documentation opens by default in a
single-page width window at 100% magnification, which is at best
marginally readable on a laptop screen; and with many of the
subsections closed by default.

Increasing the document magnification, opening all the closed
subsections, and enlarging the window if you wish to do that,
involves a substantial amount of delicate mousing around, all of
which has to be re-done for each new window.

Being able to change the defaults for this would be very handy.