Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed, introductory documentation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88260] Re: Does Mathematica really need more printed, introductory documentation?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:22:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 4/29/08 at 6:48 AM, rhpalmer at gmail.com (Richard Palmer) wrote:

>I have an additional concern regarding current on-line
>documentation.  Some of it does not have a resizable font.  That
>makes it difficult for people like me that have glasses and use
>portable computers with smaller screens. I hope that can be fixed in
>a subsequent release.

I don't understand the problem here. The online documentation
open up in a window in the front end just like any notebook. If
you go to the menu bar and select Window->Magnification you will
get a menu list allowing you to select several different
magnification levels up to 300%. When you select one of these,
all of the text is re-scaled by that factor. Isn't this adequate?