Re: How to open a Package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88267] Re: How to open a Package
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 04:24:05 -0400 (EDT)

John Ertle Jr. wrote:

> What is the syntax of opening a package:
>
> <<"c:\path\package.m"
>
> Is the path able to be added so the package may be accessed.

To me, it is not clear whether you want to see (and possibly modify) the
code of a package or just load the package into memory to be able to use
  additional features. In both cases, the following documents should
give you enough information to do whatever you wish.

*Loadable Files* section in "Mathematica File Organization"
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/MathematicaFileOrganization.html

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/packages/loading/

*Naming and Finding Files*
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/NamingAndFindingFiles.html