Re: Warning for use of 3D Graphics manipulation with notebook computers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91046] Re: Warning for use of 3D Graphics manipulation with notebook computers
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

that is not a problem of Mathematica, this is a problem of
the nVidia chips for laptops. Any complex 3d scene may burn the
chip. You don't need Mathematica for that, Crisis or Half Life will
burn the graphics chip better and faster than Mathematica *and*
for a more affordable prize !

*AND* if your VGA signal on an external monitor is still right,
you graphics chip is ok, but you lcd-display may be broken and this
has *nothing* to do with the overheating of the GeForce mobile chips.

Regards
   Jens