RadioButton Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91079] RadioButton Question
  • From: Chris Degnen <degnen at cwgsy.net>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:04:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Can anyone suggest how I can get some radio buttons to run
functions, rather than just set a variable?

This is a statement to create two buttons that set a value:-

RadioButtonBar[Dynamic[state], {"Existing", "New"}]

The following code runs functions, but also shows the buttons in a
list, along with some output.  Any suggestions how I can achieve
this functionality but with only the buttons and labels showing, as
above?

dofunction1[] := x = 1;

dofunction2[] := x = 2;

Module[{state = "Existing"},
 {RadioButtonBar[Dynamic[state], {"Existing", "New"}],
  Dynamic[If[state == "Existing", dofunction1[], dofunction2[]]]}]