Finding only final values in NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91224] Finding only final values in NDSolve
  • From: zakseidov2 at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:52:31 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathematica gurus,
1. I use NDSolve for integration from some t0 to some tf, but I'm
interested only in FINAL VALUES y(tf),y'(tf).
 How to do it (I mean: avoiding InterpolatingFunction and saving all
intermediate values)?
2. I use WorkingPrecision -> 32(or larger). Final values y(tf),y'(tf)
are of lesser Precision than 32D so i can't use them directly for
further integrations. I do some manupulations to take more artificial
digits...
But what's the best way for doing it automatically not manually?
3. In other words: I need only values of y(t), y'(t) in fixed t_i with
fixed interval d.
How to do it using NDSolve economically without InterpolatingFunction
(which I guess takes a lot of time if MaxSteps -> 10^8(or larger))?
Thanks a lot,
zakseidov