Re: Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91225] Re: [mg91192] Re: Exported PDFs are too big in file size.
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

If you are using OS X, you can open the pdf in Preview, and do a
SaveAs...

In the resulting dialog, you can change the Quartz Filter from 'None'
to 'Reduce file size'.

In the example I just tested, the file size went from 2.8 MBytes to
148 kb.

I don't use Acrobat anymore, but I'm pretty sure that the same thing
can be done there.

george