Another Out of Memory Problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91296] Another Out of Memory Problem
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:58:27 -0400 (EDT)

I can do the following:

Integrate[Cos[2*x]*
      Exp[I*z*Cos[x]],
    {x, -Pi, Pi}]

which produces a Bessel function answer; however if I change the
argument in the cosine to 2.5 as in:

Integrate[Cos[2.5*x]*
      Exp[I*z*Cos[x]],
    {x, -Pi, Pi}]

I almost immediately get this:

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.

Any ideas why? I am running XP with 2Gb of memory.

Thanks,

Kevin