Exporting ContourPlot data into text file to plot somewhere else..

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91333] Exporting ContourPlot data into text file to plot somewhere else..
  • From: malawk at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:53:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

How can I export ContourPlot data to a text file?

I read some instructions in this forum to do this for normal plots:

e.g.:

plt = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 5}]
First[Cases[plt, _Line, Infinity] /. Line[pnts_] :> pnts]

 which return a neat list of pairs of numbers to plot somewhere else.
With ContourPlot though, this command returns only one column of
numbers in sequencial order... Not good...!

Thanks for any tip you can offer..

Angel