Graphing Difference Equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91393] Graphing Difference Equation
  • From: Walkman <uvnarae at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 04:03:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group.

I have a trouble in graphing differece equation using mathematica.

For instance, I get a difference equation,

y_{t} = 1.5y_{t-1} - .5y_{t-2} = 0

Since I don't know how to input the code for graphics and just want

to check how the graph looks like,

I input the solution instead, A(-1.2)^t + B(.5)^t where A and B

constants

For simplicity, I choose A = B = 1.

Plot[(-1.2)^t + (.5)^t,{t,0,20}]

The problem is that it doesn't work at all.

If anyone who know exact way to graph difference equation, plz

tell me.

Thanks in advance.