Re: Mathematica and F#

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91615] Re: Mathematica and F#
  • From: Salvatore Mangano <smangano at into-technology.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 04:11:29 -0400 (EDT)

I am sure there are many such programs but I'd doubt you'd find any where moth of the computation is in purely mathematical functions like Tan, Sqrt and so on because these are executing pure machine code. As I said in another post, the point of Compile is to by pass all the general purpose code on top of these functions for dealing with symbolics, matricies, etc.