Re: How to get result in shape of fraction in Mathematica 4.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91618] Re: How to get result in shape of fraction in Mathematica 4.2
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 04:12:03 -0400 (EDT)

b wrote:
> When I calculate something I would like to get result in shape of fraction;
> Like 1/2 not 0.5.
>
> How??
>
> Thanks

Well, if you start with an expression involving decimal numbers,
Mathematica assumes the result is only approximate, so you get an answer
in the same form. If you evaluate something like 7/14, you will get a
fractional result.

What exactly are you trying to calculate?

It is possible to turn a decimal number into a fraction, but this may be
misleading.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk