Re: Strange behaviour of Fourier[] in Mathematica 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94015] Re: Strange behaviour of Fourier[] in Mathematica 7
  • From: Stoney Ballard <stoneyb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 00:41:00 -0500 (EST)

I get the same results as Guy on my Mac Pro running Leopard (10.5.5)
and Mathematica 7. Some experimentation showed that if you multiply
the data by 100, you get the same result as the explicit formula,
though scaled. Does this mean that Fourier retains less precision than
it used to? Seems rather odd that scaling the data should matter.