SaveAs in Version 6 and Version 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94022] SaveAs in Version 6 and Version 7
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 00:42:15 -0500 (EST)

I have noticed a new annoying difference in SaveAs in Version 6 and Version
7.

In Version 6, if one opened a notebook from a specific folder and then used
SaveAs (to save it under a new name where it would be later modified) the
system would always assume that the new notebook would be in the same folder
as the original notebook. And this would indeed be what is usually wanted.

But in Version 7 the system assumes that the notebook would be in the last
(I think, but at least often some other) folder that was used. This change
in behavior certainly confused me because at first I didn't look carefully
at which folder the system was using and then I couldn't at first find the
notebooks!

So, if you run into the case where your notebooks are misplaced from what
you were expecting, be sure to check and maneuver to the correct folder when
using SaveAs.

But I would prefer the old convention.

David Park

djmpark at comcast.net