Syntax color output upon saving to .pdf, etc.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94071] Syntax color output upon saving to .pdf, etc.
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:14:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi, all,

  The following applies to both Versions "6.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (June 2, 2008)" and "7.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (November 11, 2008)". It may also apply to 7.0 on Windows, but I haven't explicitly checked it yet.

   I don't seem to be able to get the color in syntax formatting to save when I save a notebook (or portion thereof) to .pdf or .ps or .rtf.
   If the color is explicitly set (by me) in, say, text, or in graphics, then this color will export just fine. However, the nice syntax formatting color (gray for (*comments*) or green for arguments to functions, etc.) will not export. I thought I used to be able to do this.
   This problem also persists if I choose to print a notebook, and instead choose "Print to file".

   If anyone has any hints, I'd love to hear them. If this is a feature which is lacking, and I'm fooling myself that I used to be able to save the color syntax highlighting, it would be nice to have.

               Curtis O.
Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov
PGP Key ID: 0x4DCA2A10