Re: NIntegrate of Oscillatory integrand

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94291] Re: NIntegrate of Oscillatory integrand
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:43:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

you should write a more precise question. What is the integration

variable, fist I assumed t but as you mentioned f[k] to be decreasing,

it is probably k.

1/p is just a constant. t is a constant too. k f[k] t approaches a

constant in the limit. Therefore Cos[ A - k f(k) t] approaches a

constant too.

The first term is simply oscillating with mean zero.

If the limit of Cos[ A - k f(k) t] is differnt from zero, your integral

diverges.

If the limit of Cos[ A - k f(k) t] is zero, the integral does not exist.

hope this helps, Daniel