Manipulate question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94379] Manipulate question
  • From: "Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Coleman at LibertyMutual.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 03:47:48 -0500 (EST)

Greetings

I'm working on a Manipulate-based interface that takes user input from
several drop down menus (in my application there are 9 of them) and then
runs a set of calculations based upon the user's choices. By default
Manipulate will run the calculation every time the user changes any of
the drop down menus. Ideally I'd like to have the interface not do any
computation until the user makes all of their selections and then
explicitly initiates the calculation (ideally using something like a
'Calculate' button). Does anyone have an example of how this might work?

Thanks,

Mark