Re: Manipulate question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94428] Re: Manipulate question
  • From: jmbryant12 at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 06:58:13 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 11, 2:47 am, "Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Cole... at LibertyMutual.com>
wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I'm working on a Manipulate-based interface that takes user input from
> several drop down menus (in my application there are 9 of them) and then
> runs a set of calculations based upon the user's choices. By default
What you want is the option TrackedSymbols. By default Manipulate
tracks all symbols in its contents. If you only want some of the
controls to trigger updates, you can specify them. Make sure to use a
delayed rule.  Here's an example. Only the last 2 controls trigger an
update in the output:

Manipulate[
 {a = a2, b = b2},
 {a, 0, 4, 1},