slow rendering

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94442] slow rendering
  • From: Mark Wexler <mark.wexler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:32:55 -0500 (EST)

Hello, everybody. I just bought a new laptop that I use to run
Mathematica (ver. 6.0.1). Although my new computer is better in every
way than my old one (processor speed, graphics card, memory, SSD
drive), I find that rendering has become noticeably slower. Often the
entire page is (slowly) redrawn when I change one cell, and graphics
(both 2D and 3D) containing significant numbers of elements render
slowly.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Wexler