Inequality to LessEqual

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94465] Inequality to LessEqual
  • From: Raffy <raffy at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:37:15 -0500 (EST)

Lets say I have the following expression: ie. a result from Reduce,

expr0 = Inequality[ 0., LessEqual, x, LessEqual, 1. ]

I want to reduce this expression to:

expr1 = LessEqual[ 0., x, 1. ]

The only automatic method I've found to make the above transformation,
is the silly:

expr1 == ToExpression[ToString[expr0]]

Is there a more elegant solution?  It needs to work in the general
case, ie. that expr0 may be far more complicated than just a basic
Inequality, and the Inequality may contain different comparators.