Re: Quit[] command shuts down frontend, too

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94462] Re: Quit[] command shuts down frontend, too
  • From: "sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:36:41 -0500 (EST)

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this behaviour. Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Dec 12, 1:55 pm, Curtis Osterhoudt <c... at lanl.gov> wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
>    The Quit[] command isn't supposed to shut down the front-end (thus=
 losing new entries since the last Save), so far as i can tell. However, if=
 I have had a session running for several hours, typing Quit[] and evaluati=
ng it shuts down Mathematica completely, both the Kernel and Frontend. The =
same command evaluated just a few minutes into a running session does what =
it's supposed to (just terminate the Kernel).
>    Has anyone some hints about this?
>
>     This is on Version "7.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (November 11, 2008=
)"; however, I know it happened with 6.0 for Linux, too (can't remember abo=
ut the Windows versions).

=========
=========