What's the problem with Mathematica 7? Seems a bug!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94530] What's the problem with Mathematica 7? Seems a bug!
  • From: fafakuku at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 07:48:54 -0500 (EST)

I've upgraded my Mathematica from 6 to 7 on Arch Linux.
There's no problem with its kernel, but the graphical front-end does
not work.
After I open the front-end, there is no text like "In[1]:" displayed.
And if I input formulas just simply like "1+1", the window shows:
running, and I cannot get the result for a long time.
So I cannot exit the program normally. After I kill the process, the
"javaw" still remains and needs to be killed.
On Windows XP I newly installed Mathematica 7. It's still like this.
What's the problem? Anyone helps me? Is it a bug?