Grid within Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94734] Grid within Manipulate
  • From: "actuary at mchsi.com" <actuary at mchsi.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 05:16:07 -0500 (EST)

To:  All

I'm new to using Manipulate.  I'm developing a notebook that unfolds
(controlled via Manipulate) a solid figure into a plane figure.  This
is working fine.  I'm now trying to place two objects on the surface
of the solid and find the distance between the objects using the
Pythagorean Theorem.  I can place and control the position of the two
objects that I place on the surface of the solid via Manipulate but I
don't know how to include a Grid in the output that shows the distance
of the two legs of the right triangle that is formed by the placement
of the two points and the length of the hypotenuse.

I'm developing the note to assist high school age students to
visualsize certain problems that utilize the Pythagorean Theorem.

Thanks

Larry