Keyboard Shortcuts in V7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94772] Keyboard Shortcuts in V7
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 06:04:51 -0500 (EST)

I've been having intermittent trouble with keyboard shortcuts for
inserting new cells (Alt-7 for text, Alt-4 for section, etc.) in V7, on
both Vista and XP machines. Sometimes they work, sometimes not.
Sometimes I can trigger the keyboard shortcuts to work again by (for
example) opening up and closing the Writing Assistant palette, or first
inserting a cell with a right-click selection from the context menu, or
saving the file (even though recently saved), or burning incense and
sacrificing a chicken. The problem comes and goes. Is anyone else seeing
this?

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont